Click the link below to start the registration process for our Instructor courses:
We are excited that you are interested in becoming an American Heart Association Instructor. We value your partnership in the AHA’s mission to save lives!
Vital Life Savers offers instructor courses in BLS, ACLS and PALS. Our Instructor courses include everything required to successfully complete your certification and become an instructor.
Unlike other Training Sites that offer instructor courses, Vital Life Savers provides monitoring and will align and affiliate you with our Training Center (TC), if you do not have a designated TC. Alignment with a TC is mandatory in order to start teaching.
Please review the basic process below which each new candidate must follow to become an instructor:
- Candidates must currently have or obtain a provider card in the discipline(s) for which they are interested in teaching
- Complete the Instructor Essentials Online Course (Approximately 2 hours)
- Once you complete your Instructor class you will be monitored instructing a class before you are issued an Instructor card
- We will assist you in registering on the AHA Instructor Network to be issued an Instructor ID number which will be noted on your Instructor card
- Regularly review the Program Administration Manual (PAM) which outlines current policies and guidelines of the AHA